Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Phtgraphy : Lmgraphy

This blog has been left for so loooonngg.... and surely there are lots of things has happened that I am not able to update this blog about it.. (but will try.. ;p)

I was more equipping myself reading other bride-to-be blogs than updating my own, and when I have ideas on what to write on, I procrastinate.




Anyway, the great thing about Malaysian brides nowadays, they share up-to-date information about everything, you name it; tips, fashion, favors, deco, pre-wedding course and even quotations.
Thank you.. you.. you.. and every b2b blogger who has been kind enough to share your thoughts and resource.

I read a blog where a bride-to-be mentioning to have a lomography camera as additional equipment for their wedding photography session, and another bride-to-be weighing to give a lomocamera as one of the item for hantaran. Since a post is long over due, and this is something that I can totally comment from experience, I think I'll write a bit (hopefully it can be a shared resource for others who's interested) about it which also is one of my passion.

For those who have not heard about lomography, or have heard about it and would want to know more, you can google it if you want, but here's some links that may be useful.

1. Lomography Society International
This is the main official website, and the users are global, hence international. They have recently this year revamp the site.

2. Lomography Society Asia
This is also an official website specially for the Asia region.

3. Lomography Ambassador Malaysia
They are theclickproject, who also runs wondermilk. you can find lomocamera's (and other fun cameras too) sold at their cafe.

3. Lomokids Shop
An active group who is more of a growing lomographers family. You can join their discussion at their forum.

If I may, as intro, here's a citation from Wikipedia.
Lomography emphasizes casual, snapshot photography. Characteristics such as over-saturated colors, off-kilter exposure, blurring, "happy accidents", and alternative film processing are often considered part of the "Lomographic Technique".
Its an obsession. really.

Anyway, here is my own personal shots (please do not take them without permission) using my LCA+. You'll see variation of hues on the pictures because its the type or film I use, and most of the time I develop the film by cross processing (unless stated otherwise). So its a combination of factors that made it that effect.


If it's reddish like this, it could be a film type Sensia or Velvia.

In this case, I used Velvia..

I don't know why, maybe because of difference in heat or temperature, Velvia can also turn out with purple hues like this.

If bluish, most probably is Provia.














Kodak EBX usually gives colourful and vibrant effects like this with cross processing.

But it doesn't mean if using normal negative films it won't be nice. This picture happens to be one of my favourites because of its colour. and my friends expression.


here's more that I took during weddings. (i was stuck on the a red film mostly during these times)
The last picture you can see my bf in action, he's a freelance photographer. He wasn't the main photographer during the whole wedding, but he was called and was requested to take portraiture shots of the bride and groom, family and friends. Maybe because it was his speciality, I guess.

Actually he likes taking portrait shots, so every time he was called for duty, he will always do portraiture too. Almost all events he'll squeeze in portrait shots, meetings, birthdays, events and weddings too.


Here is his shot of the couple at their dais. ( I have to borrow it from his website..heheh)

Their dais was 5 panels of fresh flowers. All roses.
Can you imagine...

It was definitely the most beautiful wedding i went to last year.

Alright, its 20mins past 2am and I have a seminar at IJN tomorrow..

I think i have over done my interpretation of updating a blog. kan?! hehehhe :)

2 comments:

  1. please, come to my wedding and amik gambar wedding using lomo for free! hahahah boleh mcm tu??gurau je eh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehhe.. boleh aja! if org jemput i will try to make , insyallah... :)

    ReplyDelete