Thursday, December 24, 2009

Ideas fr : Solemnization

Hello lovelies.

I can't write much about my wedding reception preparations. Why? Well, its because there aren't any.

Why again?

Well, complicated as it is, I'll put it simply coz both my parents are separated, and while they are quite diplomatic raising their only child (that would be yours truly), them and including their side of families hardly spoke to each other.

Please don’t get me wrong as I try to put it as simple as I can, but I realize it leaves out too much that it may be hard to understand. Thankfully, them, and including my stepfather and stepmother (both my parents are remarried) are the best parents one could ask for. From being just one, I now have large extended families.

Both side of my parents are really excited with my wedding. And they decide to organize their own reception. If including my future-in-laws side, there will be three receptions. I was afraid at first, thinking about the planning time, cost and everything else. Syukur alhamdulillah that my father has agreed to organize his side of wedding reception as a wedding gift, and will also provide additional funds that he has arranged to my mom, and my mom said she will be using it for my mom’s side.

Now, putting their arrangement aside, that leaves me with no say and no control over it. Well, not yet at least I hope. Since it’s further away into the year 2010, they say they would decide on things when the time comes.

I do wish they would let me in on what’s their plan on their side, on wedding dress, dais, favors, or whatever else regarding wedding receptions. So all I can bear to do now is wait till they call me to discuss about it.

I wish I could say I’m not stressed out, but in actual fact I am.

Well, fret not; at least I can plan my own solemnization day. After all, that day is the most important day of all, right?

All right, now for solemnization, I have to plan for venue, deco & dais, attire, food, and favors. Not forgetting the exchange gifts and also the official forms prior to the event. I think I need to plan for pre-wed preparations too. Hmmm

Tentatively, my solemnization venue will be somewhere other than a mosque or my parents’ house, that has a place for solemnization to take place and caters food, and has ample parking space, in Kuala Lumpur area. Then it will be perfect.

Why perfect in that way? Well, I have always need the feeling that I am being fair with my parents, not biased more on one side from the other (although in some occasions I did slacked a bit, and cause heart ache to either of them from time to time). My father was more than understanding and accommodating when I purpose this to him. If having the solemnization at his house, it might (although my mom has never expressed) make my mom or my mom’s family out of place when it comes to celebrating the ceremony since it’s more to my father’s family area. So, having a separate place for solemnization is truly befitting the purpose.

Some people suggested holding the solemnization at the mosque. And I kept brushing the idea aside. Honestly, previously I do wish to get married at a mosque, specifically one in JB. My I/C is addressed in JB as I used to stay with my grandmother there and after my studies I worked there for a year to take care of her.

The one mosque that truly captured my heart is Sultan Abu Bakar Mosque. The mosque is situated on top of a hill, and when you finished your salaam, you can view up to the sea. The feeling after is so serene. Apart from terawikh and other occasions, the most memorable to me about the mosque is that prior to our SPM examinations, both only me and my friend Aida, decided to go there one night for our hajat prayers. Then, when the ladies in our jemaah came to know about our hajat, they join in with us for our hajat prayers and prayed for us. When the prayers ended, we shook hands with the rest of the ladies in our jemaah and each one of them hold our hands tight and hug us hard as they wished us all the best for our exam. I still have goose bump remembering that night.

And somehow, coincidently, it’s the same mosque used by Ekin and Mawi.

But that last bit was not the reason I will not hold my solemnization there. ;p

My mom lives and worked in KL, and so do I for the past 10 years or so. We have more friends and relatives here compare to JB, and not to forget, my father, who is my wali, lives in Kajang. So I think, there is more reason to hold it here, nearer to everybody, and easier for the groom’s entourage to come too.

Since, I’m not having my chosen mosque for it, I decided to have it elsewhere that able to cater foods too. Another reason is that, I would like to not think if I’m having my period on that day. One of my friends shared her story of needing to sit in the mosque storeroom while her solemnization takes place. That’s the paranoid me deciding as it is.

Well, I have decided on a place. The one that fits (tentatively, again) is Felda Villa. I am still waiting my dad to pay the deposit to secure the date. Until then, I am still searching for venues that fit the listed description. Hopefully I can confirm a venue for it by mid of next month.

Insyallah.

*wink*

4 comments:

  1. eh, i baru nak suggest u buat kat felda villa jugak tau! hehe.

    initially, i pun nak buat my nikah kat felda villa. the setting is nice for small ceremony like this. my dad is ok but my mom is TOTALLY AGAINST the idea, saying that it's far from our house, and ridiculous to have nikah at KL and reception at putrajaya. *sigh*

    i have to agree with them in the end because they are the financial provider. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. wah.. Hi elly! jumpa kat sini pulak.. :)

    terbaliklah kita! haha ahaha my mom lak kata susah kalau reception in putrajaya if the nikah in kl.. (baru je sekejap tadi ask her after reading ur blog)

    tulah, mmg takboleh nak argue sbb mmg derang the main payer.. i feel u.. i lah lagi rasa powerless about my receptions nanti..

    my mom now contemplating felda villa as reception venue too but although the place is nice, i tak berasa comfortable about their table arrangement yg nanti semua tetamu can't view the pelamin.. ..hmm

    but felda villa as nikah mmg nice.. kan? thanks for ur input babe.. at least tak rasa I sorang je rasa mcm tu.

    harap2 lah cepat settle tempat nikah.. i nervous.. huhu

    ReplyDelete
  3. dear, u actually bertuah tau, both parent rancang nak celebrate ur wedding at their place..

    btw, kat mn sekalipun, dont you forget to invite me eh?? hahahahahahah

    ReplyDelete
  4. mestilah ... insyallah.. mmg niat kalau boleh jemput lah! heheheheheh.. thanks alina!

    ReplyDelete