Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Alhmdulillah

One of the most heartfelt, mata-sebak-mengekang-air-mata moments I experienced while watching anything related with marriage, was when watching One Tree Hill's episode 23 in Season 6.


And, for some who knew, its the episode featuring lucas and peyton's matrimonial ceremony. Our equivalent to nikah ceremony.


Anyway, below are the excerpts of the script from my favourite part in that episode.


Haley:
"“Peyton Sawyer will become Peyton Scott”.
Lucas wrote this in the 8th grade. I remember him talking about her constantly and not just in the 8th grade, in the 9th grade, in the 10th grade, in the 11th grade and finally in our Junior Year, Lucas gathered the courage and talked to Peyton for the first time, right here at this lake, and she was a bitch.
He said “Haley, I talked to her” and when I asked him if the fantasy was finally over he could finally admit that Peyton Sawyer was human after all.
And he said “No, Peyton Sawyer is not human. She’s an angel, and she’s my angel.”
I believe in true love, I believe in love at first sight, I believe love conquers all. That doesn’t mean there’s not gonna be hard days, difficult things to deal with because there will be. But finding that person who does it for you and knowing that that person loves you back, it makes everything so much easier
Peyton Sawyer will become Peyton Scott. That was the dream and here we are: ten years later. And we all get to witness today a dream come true."

Lucas:
"Peyton, I've loved you since the first time I saw you. And this ring and these words are just simply a way to show the rest of the world what has been in my heart for as long as I've known you. I love you, Peyton Elizabeth Sawyer. I always have and I always will. been in in my heart for as long as I've known you."

Peyton: 
"Lucas Scott. 
We've been through so much together. And despite how confused I've been or lost I might have gotten there was always you. Finding me and saving me. I am so terribly in love with you. And I always will be."

(click the link to view the video of it)

______________________________________________________________

Who would have known,
after these times,

10 years of friendship,
He was my bestfriend, and closer to my heart though far from my eyes.

and 2 years of being together,
He has once asked me to be his girlfriend and him to be my boyfriend before,
and at the right time and moment, we did.

now
1 year after his family came for merisik
10 months and 20 days after her last post in this blog
10 days after he comically (but seriously he did) surprised her with another a ring and the ultimate question

on the night of 20th October 2010
in front of both our loving families, and close friends as our witnesses

we are officially known as
husband and wife.
hehehehe



Syukur alhamdulillah.... amin ya rab bal a lamin.

1 comment:

  1. OTH- my super all time favourite! but after peyton and lucas takde, i have stop watching OTH.

    congratulations on ur wedding btw! u look amazingly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete