Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Abut Us

Wow. It’s hard to start typing about us. And here I’m wondering the best words to use to describe how we both are. However, I’ll try, so here goes.


About Her


I love to think I’m an all-rounder kind of person, but really its because I tend to participate actively in anything that I find amusing, and believe me, I am easily amused. Other than your simple typical girl, I also love active sports, appreciating art/nature, and island getaways. If I have to mention 3 bad traits that I’m aware of myself, I’d say; habitual daydreaming, indecisiveness, and short-attention span.




About Him


It’s a bit unfair that I’m writing this on his behalf, I do wish he would participate together for the site. I’m just afraid that by writing about him would sound biased (after all, we do love each other), and also would make him 'kembang' if I praise him too much. So, I’ll make this just simple then.

To me, other than a simple typical guy, he is also a humble guy who doesn’t say much (I guess he only speaks when he thinks he needs to). He has patience for most things and most of the time (high tolerance; which I lack of), however, I must admit, his patience has a shorter span than mine, especially when I fuss about unnecessary things. That make me both respect and afraid of him sometimes. Aside from the firm exterior, he is actually kind-hearted, happy-go-lucky kind of guy. And he is quite sensitive too, especially on things that really matter to him.


About Us


I personally believe that we both have total opposite personalities. It’s surprising even to me when we actually compliment each other, and I do wonder why and how, a lot. And the list of differences can be long and ridiculous to start with.

He can’t survive in the Malaysian tropical heat without the aid of air condition near him as he will perspire easily. I on the other hand, can survive even without fan. Actually, I do prefer it that way. I will sneeze instantly even as much as one degree below room temperature. That’s also the reason why he drinks mostly cold drinks and I prefer hot drinks all the time.

Although we share interest in photography; I claim to be an avid lomographer and more of analog camera fan, while he’s actually a professional photographer. And the taunts between us never end when it comes to EPL. He supports Manchester United and I’m a Liverpool FC fan.

We do however love sports and support each other’s outdoor activities. I’ll watch him playing futsal, while he accompanies me when I want to go rock climbing. We both also love traveling and we both travel light.

Of course traveling together was more fun, be it to Penang or Melaka even, for our dosage of scrumptious local dishes, or, short trips to Cherating for surf and sea. We love islands so much; together with our close friends, we have our frequent meet up at our special place in Perhentian Kecil.

And yes, we’ve been friends for so long, naturally we cherished each other friends like our own, and we love chilling with our friends as much as we enjoy spending time together. We like having evening drinks together and even watching each other’s team playing at any local mamak stall with Astro.

It’s funny that before writing this, a new acquaintance asked about how we met, and later, we were told that the story was (in his words), ‘colourful’. And since I’ve written a lot here, I’ll save the story to be in another post on its own.